Is my new love interest secretly gay?

whitney

May 28, 2008
Here are the facts: he recently separated from his wife of ten years. I get along with him more than I have any other guy. he's said a few times "he's pretty hot" about male actors. he once cracked a joke about himself being gay which i didn't instigate. he has a male friend in another state that he visits. am i being way too paranoid? i don't want to fall for a gay man! on the other hand - he does follow sports, mainly hockey... and has pictures of females all over his myspace...drinks a lot of beer.... i have bad "gaydar" please help me!

LOL
Oh girl, sorry to say, but all those things you said are just STEREOTYPES of gay men. That doesnt mean hes gay. Maybe he is just really in tune with his "feminine" nature, in which case him showing that off demonstrates that he is actually very comfortable with that. Its nice to see a man who is not threatened by "not fitting into the male mold".

Now, Im not gonna lie, the thing about an actor being hot IS a little strange and also the thing about his friend. Why dont you just ask him. Its a possibility he could be gay bi or straight. Quit mortifying yourself and JUST ASK!

PS: I hope for your sake he is straight!

Most likely not. If he is gay, then that male friend in another state that he visits probably means he's taken.

Most likely not. If he is gay, then that male friend in another state that he visits probably means he's taken.

Back