Why is my iTunes/iPod starting songs in the middle?

flypstyx

Mar 25, 2009
I recently used Sharepod to copy my cousin's 3000+ songs onto my Computer and into iTunes. Now whenever I play a song that came from his iPod, it will start from the place it left off. As in, I'd start listening, skip it, listen to it later and find it starting somewhere other than the beginning. This happens on both iTunes and my iPod, and as far as I can tell, only with his songs.

If relevant: He has an iPod Video, I have an iPod Nano Chromatic.

Is this some new feature or just some sort of bug?

Ipod fix.

I did the exact same thing.
To change all of you songs to do this you just Highlight all of them
click the get info button
click the options tab
Change it to say remember position to no. ( if it dosnt already say that)
then you just check the box and then click okay.
that should do it.

Thank you SO much for this. I recently got a new computer and had to put my songs onto it from a ipod using Sharepod, and had this annoyance. Your solution solved it.

You're a lifesaver.

Thanks it works!!!!

Thanks It Works!!!

Thanks Bro your solution did it!

so glad that worked, was really fucking me off! cheers!

Fixed iTunes for me, but not iPod functionality on my iPhone.... any ideas?

Oh, I should add that I have already set iPod (from the iPhone >settings> iPod>Start Playing) to "From Beginning" (vs. "Where left off"). I did this before I found this fix. I'm glad this fix took care of iTunes, but I would really like to fix it on the iPhone/iPod.

Thanks!

i checked on my ipod touch and theres no place where it says (from the iPhone >settings> iPod>Start Playing) just music-

Problem!

OK, my iTunes (brand new version) does not give me the option of choosing "remember playback position" when I try "get info" on multiple songs- only when I get info on one song. How do you fix this?? Do I really have to do each song one at a time???

Genius u Are !!!!!! :) Thank you so much it rlly does do your head in when it constantly did this but thanks to u am stress free haha

doesn't it turn all your songs to have no names anymore?? or if you wrote something in the song tittle box would it change all the song tittles to that?

Muchas grassy-ass

Mr. or Ms. unregistered guest. I thank you from the bottom of my music loving heart. This has been driving me nuts for months. Thanks again.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS! iPhones can be so infuriating at times

Back