Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+

Thread: hd dvd vs dvd?

Mick L

hd dvd vs dvd?

I just bought a hdd dvd player with HDMI, I am wondering if this is a mistake. Are normal dvds going to be replaced soon with hd dvd and blu ray? Should I have gotten a hd player instead? Can you buy a hd hdd player?

thanks!

Marcus H
    I don't think dvds will be replaced with blu rays and hd dvds soon because of the price of the hd and blu ray players. Its also new technology so dvds probably won't be replaced completly until atleast a couple years. For instance when dvds came came out they were still making vhs tapes for a while. But since you have an HD TV an HD player would improve the picture quality more than your current player. HD players are around $200 and Blu rays are around $400.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't worry nornal DVD's will be arround for about 5 more years befor they are faced out.
    if I was you i would of bought a blue-ray player because all new movies (disney ect) are exclucive to blue-ray.

sorry about that buy.
    See if you can return it for a blue-ray player

TECH A

StingRay
    Normal dvds will be around for a while yet, so relax.