Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My car is "overheating"--why?

I have a 2002 Hyundai Elantra with about 98000 miles on it. Just yesterday, it started "overheating" going halfway between the midpoint and H. The A/C is blowing hot air and the car has a funny smell, like its burning. The engine is so hot. The dealership is telling me that there is nothing wrong but thinks there is something wrong with my AC. I have heard it could be a water pump or thermostat. What could possibly be wrong with my car?

Downloads
    Uploads
    It probably needs more antifreeze, either that or you don't have enough oil in it. Check your oil and check your antifreeze. Careful though! Never check antifreeze with the car recently running. Give it about 2 hours parked somewhere and then later open the hood and check it. One thing you don't want is a burn from the radiator blowing scalding hot antifreeze in your face so let the engine cool off for about 2 hours before checking it if you've been driving it. Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You probably lost the Freon in your car you should have someone check for a leak. After so, you should have your car check for a tune up. The dealer can tell you what the problem is, so I don't understand way they didn't say anything about the ac. If any of the freon line is damage physically, then you would have to pay for the repairs.