Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

legal advice needed (t-mobile is charging me more than i agreed to pay)?

Hello,

I am a T-mobile customer and recently they announced a "Loyalty Unlimited Plan" I logged into my account to check it out and saw in the rate plans that the plan was offered at "89.98 for the whole family" I took a screenshot of it and have it saved on my computer.

I called T-mobile to find out about the plan, and they said its 89.98 for 2 lines and 39.98 for each additional lines. I asked them to log into my online account, and look where it says 89.98 for the whole family And i told them it does not mention anything about additional lines.

I talked to 2 represantives and they talked to their supervisors who then agreed to give me the rate plan based on what I was seeing online. I have 5 lines on my family plan, so i asked them "i will not get charged for additional lines right" and they said "that is correct"

they also made notes on the account.

today I got my bill, and instead of being $89.98 the bill is $209.92. I called them right now and spoke to a rep and her supervisor. And the supervisor said, sorry but that is not what the plan says. it is 89.98 for 2 lines and each line is 39.98.

I told them to read the notes, and the supervisor now makes it sound like that is what I was telling the rep when in fact, i had 2 different reps (Michael and Michelle) log into my account, verify what I was seeing, get approval from their supervisor and make changes to my account.

I asked if my calls were recorded so they can pull it up and listen to the whole conversation. The rep i talked to today said yes, but her supervisor said "our calls are randomly monitored so they're not sure if it got recorded"

the supervisor today said no adjustments will be made and I will have to pay the whole amount...

is there anything I can do?

fraginal - i verified with them before i asked them to make changes. in fact throughout the process i kept making sure i would not be charged and they did agree both times that because it showed in my account, that I should be able to get it.

blue - i read some of your other answers, and you're a very negative person. that makes me glad you're not my friend either, thanks for wasting my time and yours.

jsmack19 - thanks i'll look into it.

deborah - i'll update the thread on my findings.
    usa-hole : they updated the plan to reflect the additional lines RECENTLY. I have a screenshot where it said the whole family for $89.98 I made sure to do that just in a case like this.. hopefully it is of use.. we'll see.

It was clear that the amount of 89.98 is only for two lines which they call as the whole family package. Thus, you have to pay for the other lines in excess of 2.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Call your state's attorney general's office, and get to the consumer protection people. If you can get help, they are the ones that can help.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't answer your question unfortunately but I just wanted to tell you I had a similar problem with T-Mobile. I told them I plan to contact the Better Business Bureau with my complaint.
    Please advise me of any new "recourse" that you take.

We really need to organize and stop letting the cell phone companties take advantage of us.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You are a cheap skate that was trying to get something for nothing. Taking advantage of a small human error.Shame on you. Glad I'm not a personal friend of yours because you are bad karma. Shame on you. Either pay for the phones or don't have them. How pathetic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you want legal advice that is correct, go to a lawyer...

But, I went on TMobile's website, and EVERY SINGLE plan states the following:

"You’ll get two lines with the plan, and if you're eligible, you can add more lines for an additional charge."

...or something extremely similar, all with the "additional charge" in there. Read your contracts before you sign them. I have never heard of anyone getting 5 lines for 90 bucks per month. I live in reality land where even I know that's impossible. If it sounds to be true [all together now!] it probably is...

You are clearly in the wrong, and again, should have read before you agreed. I also gathered from the site that all family plans are 2 year contracts. You're stuck, unless of course you pay to get out of your contract.

**ALSO-
    http://www.androidcentral.com/tmobile-loyalty-unlimited-plan-national/

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/03/02/t-mobile-unlimited-loyalty-plan-now-available-nationwide/

http://www.mobileburn.com/news.jsp?Id=6491

These even states that it is for TWO line family plans. It seems everyone else got the idea except you :\