Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

"This copy of Windows is not Genuine". Help, please?

I am looking for help on how to prove to Microsoft that my copy of Windows Vista is genuine. I purchased this computer a little over 2 years ago (February, 2007), it's an eMachines computer. It had Windows Vista installed on it already when I bought it from Circuit City, so I know the copy is genuine. I am also getting a pop-up that says "You may be a victim of counterfeit software". I highly doubt a company such as Circuit City would sell me a computer with pirated software on it. I went on the Microsoft website (they want money to activate my copy, or they want me to buy a whole new disc and re-install Windows), and then I spoke with technical support from eMachines, and THEY referred me to a phone number that was going to charge me money to get help from them. This is ridiculous. What can I do here, without having to pay anything?

And I swear to God, if I can't get this fixed without paying money, I'm calling Microsoft and giving one of their China-based Customer Service Reps a new *sshole, and I'm going to Linux.

I am sorry, I just asked this question a little bit ago, but I only got one answer that didn't help.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would call microsoft first off and tell them, im not sure what kind of responce you will get but someone probally got your OS code before of after you bought the computer and distributed it. Just show your receipt from when you bought the computer and they should know its genuine because your not going to buy a computer from circuit-city without it having an OS. (duh)

Downloads
    Uploads
    its a poser

Downloads
    Uploads
    Chong Shong friend of pirates. Chong Shong find Erin Microsoftware fo less money than anybody else if you email him. You can get Linux for free on internet at they website. This may be good idea you already had: Erin. You mad at microsoft; but they have new software that is very similar to Mac. It still not written as well as Mac, but it look like mac on screen. I like Mac better, but I buy Microsoft because I have hard time with Mac American based Customer Service Reps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    1. fly to china
    2. buy genuine fake copy
    3. ??????????
    4. PROFiT!