Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sell or Keep HD-DVD player & movies?

So I have an HD-D3 from Costco it cost me only like 0. HD-DVD (I know it's sad to admit) seems like it's on it's way out, and unless some miracle happens..it'll be a dead format by the end of 09..if not 08. Anyway I could justify keeping the player as at least a SD upconverter (like most people), but the thing is I already have a PS3...and it does a fine job upconverting SD DVDs. I do have movies for my HD DVD player that I really enjoy like Batman Begins, Matrix Collection, V for Vendetta, Bourne Collection, Transformers, Shrek etc. And they are not on Blu Ray right now, and most of them I don't see them coming out on blu ray for a while (at least not this year). If you were in my situation..would you just say..hey it's just 0 player..enjoy what movies are out now and will still come out now until the format (potentially) dies completely. Or would you return the player..and try to make back what you could off your current HD Dvds and just be patient for the movies to be on blu?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well. I would defnietaly keep the movies because you can watch those on anything. As for the DVD player itself i would sell it. Go on ebay or something and get some profit for it. It is better then having a lump of metal sitting in your living room doing nothing when you have a ps3 that can do the same thing, and maybe even better.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If it were me and I already bought the HD DVD player and had a few movies for it, I'd probably hold onto it for a while. If Blu Ray wins (and it looks like it will) you'll at least be able to pick up some existing movies when they go on clearance. You could also try to sell the player and movies as a package. You may get more than returning the player and trying to off load the movies.