While in windows the screen shows strange things like lines or mixes what is on the screen. This problem gradually increased with time. At the begining it was not bothering me, but then the mixing of the screen increased very much and then the monitor started to go blank and come back again. sometimes it goes and doesnt come back again. Also the computer gets stuck sometimes, especially(everytime) when lime wire or Ares like programs are running. Also the screen goes on and off while whatching dvd or movies too. Its not related to a driver problem(I also installed the latest drivers for my graphics card) because the mixing of the screen not only happens in windows but it happens also in the dos environment while booting up the pc(thus anytime the pc is running). In spite of this I formatted the pc and installed a new windows but the problem is still there with no change as I expected. The last state of the pc is I can boot it to windows with lots of mixes in the dos screen and in windows, with huge mixes and screen going off and on, the pc eventually gets stuck and I cant use windows. I tried to boot the pc in safe mode and it was nearly normally working in the safe mode with small mixes and lines. I thought to myself this is because of the decreased load to the graphics card compared to the normal windows environment. Also I used to play SW:Battlefront with small stucks at the beginnig of this problem, but after the pc got worse I tried running it but I couldnt even manage to start a campaign because of huge loading times and stucks. Then I thought that the bios may have been damaged or smthng like that. So i updated the bios with the same version already installed because it was the latest update that I already had(I wouldnt have done this if I had a spare graphics card to install and try). This too didnt change a thing with the problem. But added one more to my problems. Now the pc doesnt get to windows environment whether its safe mode or normal windows. I have two windows OSs installed. when I boot up the pc, it gets to the screen where I choose the OS to start. when I choose one, the pc gets into an infinite waiting period with a blank page. I messed things up bad with that bios update I guess(is there any way to fix this?). Can someone help me diagnose this problem exactly please and what can I do to fix it if something could be done after all this. My pc is a very old one: p4 1.7, 640mb RD ram, intel D850MD mainboard, PNY VERTO geforce fx 5700 ve 256mb graphisc card. Even if my pc is dead now, I want to know what caused this. Thank you very much in advance for your time.