Do you need a hunting license in every state?

MickeyL

Sep 5, 2008
For most kinds of hunting a license is required. The only exceptions I know of for that are for hunting crop predators. Some states do now require licenses for hunting blackbirds, crows, and in some cases coyotes. You'll have to check with your states wildlife agency to be sure though.

And what about restrictions on the type of weapon.
Any state where people are still free?

nope u can get a thing called a starpass lets u get 13 states hunting license u can pick what states except for iowa denmark and new mexico

nope u can get a thing called a starpass lets u get 13 states hunting license u can pick what states except for iowa denmark and new mexico

Yes.

Each state has their own license and regulations for state and private owned land that falls under juristiction.

Some federal lands have 'Subsistance' Seasons for qualified people - natives and locals in rural areas - these can have very different seasons, bag limits and methouds of taking game.

If you owned your own land, and, had your own game animals - then you would be free to do with them as you please. Look at reindeer farms and ranches as an example.

Military and Police use weapons. Citizens, target shooters and hunters use firearms. Please use the right terms.

Firearm use depends on the state. Some states, like Alaska, do not care what type of rifle, shotgun or pistol you use....... while others have all sorts of regulations.

Hope this helps

The people in all 50 states "...are still free". However, the right to indiscriminately kill animals any time and anywhere without the proper license is NOT! But then neither is the right to drive a vehicle, get married (Yup! That takes a license too!) fly an airplane, go into business, keep a dog inside city limits without shots and tags, and so forth. In addition, it is the money from licenses paid for to hunt and fish which helps to preserve and protect the very things we hunt and fish for. The small price we pay as individuals for those privileges we hold so dear is small when compared to a LOT of other countries who know and experience few or NONE of these same freedoms. "Ain't it GREAT to be so free?" God Bless America! By the way, the only state I know of that offers a free hunting/fishing/trapping license is Alaska. The requirement is that you be a full-time resident of the state, and be over the age of 60. How's that for FREE?

Only if you want to hunt in every state. Get a license only for the states that you want to hunt in.

As far as weapon restrictions, each state sets their own rules. You would have check each state. For example, the best I can remember... Illinios doesn't have a rifle season for deer. Sout Carolina has an extremely long rifle season. Arkansas has a 2 week rifle season and a fairly long bow season.

I'm not sure what you mean by "free". If you mean you can shoot animals without a license and at will, then no. Each state has licensing and seasons. I've heard but cannot confirm that New Zealand doesn't have seasons or bag limits. Obviously they are not a state in the USA, just throwing it out as a freebee.

Yeah ya need a license! The thing I don't understand is that if it's Tourist Season, why can't I shoot them? LOL!!!

The people in all 50 states "...are still free". However, the right to indiscriminately kill animals any time and anywhere without the proper license is NOT! But then neither is the right to drive a vehicle, get married (Yup! That takes a license too!) fly an airplane, go into business, keep a dog inside city limits without shots and tags, and so forth. In addition, it is the money from licenses paid for to hunt and fish which helps to preserve and protect the very things we hunt and fish for. The small price we pay as individuals for those privileges we hold so dear is small when compared to a LOT of other countries who know and experience few or NONE of these same freedoms. "Ain't it GREAT to be so free?" God Bless America! By the way, the only state I know of that offers a free hunting/fishing/trapping license is Alaska. The requirement is that you be a full-time resident of the state, and be over the age of 60. How's that for FREE?

Back