I need help with changing my style from regular to a dark, emoish/gothic look?

I'm trying to change my clothing style from a regular, everyday look to a punk like/gothis/emoish look. I can't go too deep because my mom would get all weird about it. Now I'd like to change my style around my whole life and not just my style. I would really like to change my room, but I definetly know that I can't paint my room cause we literally just painted it (though, now I really don't like the color it is now since I'm going gothic/punkish/emoish cause now it's light purple on top and light blue on bottom) What can I do to change my general style. I already have a few punk rock shirts and I'm gonna try listening to emo music. What kind of music (bands, songs, etc.) should I listen to or look up? What can I do to change my style? What clothes should I wear? What else could I do about my room and make it less cheerful and more dark? Really, anything right now would help! Please and thank you so much!
Anything to do with my hair would help to. I have a golden brownish hair. I am think about getting it chemically straightened because flat iron doesnt work to well but I'll try that first. Should I color it or what could I do with my hair style to make it emoish? Btw my hair is VERY curly with little ringlets. I like it but I dont think that is very emoish, so, what couls I do with it?
I am going to do this sorry lol I need real answers please and I won't get beat up I do have plenty of friends who would like me for who I am no matter what I would do to myself.
I am not a poser and I don't want to steal anyones specific style, but I really want to do this...I need to do this, please don't insult me...I already have a horrible life...
OMG people I am NOT trying to be scary gothic! I am a likable person, or so my friends say, and I still plan to be, it's mainly just my style that I am changing, not my personality!
Alright I didn't just wake up one morning and decide this. This was a decision made over time, and it wasnt a very easy one either. This is what I want and I would please like you to respect that...
Whatever...just don't even answer anymore...you've made my life more horrible...thanks, thats really just what I need.......

it amuses me how you put punk emo and goth into on category that right there proves you my friend are a poser

With the room, put band posters everywhere.

Appearance:
haha chica. you aren't going to get very far with the look, especially if you're chubby. im guessing your chubby. and ignorant. but i'm sure thats not what you want to hear, so i'm going to tell you what you want to hear.

try being quiet and stop seeking attention. quiet girls attract MORE attention.
def. YES on the straightened hair.
Bands:
My Chemical Romance
Mindless Self Indulgence
DEFINATLY listen to Guns N' Roses, it'll make you come off as an intellectual. it's not emo, but whatever.

I would go on and on and on with the lsit, but I'm too lazy. Ohh, Secondhand Serenade and Rise Against are good.

Good luck, poser. i hope you amount to SOMETHING someday, although i know you wont. chubby wanna-be emo.

If you are teenage, then you are going through a phase of what I call joining a scene. I would highly reccomend you shop at- HOTTOPIC.COM

eww.
dont do it.
youll get made fun of.
im a total prep.
ive seen someof the emo kids get made fun of and the next day they came back wearing my kind of clothes, hollister and abercrombie and stuff.
DONT DO IT.

If you are teenage, then you are going through a phase of what I call joining a scene. I would highly reccomend you shop at- HOTTOPIC.COM

Try going for a scene look instead it would go better with your room and it would be a good thing you can still act emo but dress more with life search google for some scene looks that go with you

you are a poser but here:

Emo:
Real Bands: Rites of Spring, Sunny Day Real Estate, Embrace
Poser Bands: Dashboard Confessional, Taking Back Sunday, Fall Out Boy
Style: i dont buy into stereotypes, but generally people think of skinny jeans, studded/ checkered belts, converse, vans, too mucheyeliner, hair in your face, tight t shirts
recommended store: hot topic
Attitude: again, stereotypically, self-mutilation, whiny, emotional

Punk:
Real Bands: Ramones, Sex Pistols, Bad Religion, The Clash
Poser Bands: Blink 182, new Green Day, Sum 41
Style: studs, pins, safety pins, ripped clothes, messy hair, messymakeup, plaid
recommended store: none, make your own
Attitude: stereotypically, anarchist, politically aware, disrespect for
authoriy figures

Goth:
Real Bands: there aren't really any goth bands. but, goths tend to be
into either metal or post punk so i guess for metal Iron Maiden, pre
black album Metallica, Black Sabbath. for post punk the cure, joy
division
Poser Bands: Marilyn Manson, Korn
Style: black, skulls, pentagram, crosses. though goths really just
wear whatever they want and dont try to fit labels
recommended store: thrift shops
Attitude: angry, antisocial, troubled

and you really cant be emo and goth at the same time..
as for your room, band posters, song lyrics, black bedspread

I'd love to give you help but it just sounds to me that you're changing yourself so people will think differently of you or like you better or something...your previous style sounds like it's completely at the opposite end of the spectrum compared to the "punk/emo/goth" look that you're going for now. Listening to punk music and wearing band t-shirts isn't going to solve whatever underlying problem you have that's making you want to do this. I would suggest being yourself and not going as extreme as changing the color of your room, the music you listen to, the clothes you wear, your hair, etc.

EDIT: also, you should stop updating your question every 10 seconds...did you really think that people were going to be nice to you after reading this question? You really do come off as a total poser. If I had to guess, I'd say that you are about 14 and are desperately trying to fit in and you find this to be a good way to do it...it's not! It seems like it's "different" to dress emo or punk...but did you not notice that's now how ALOT of people are dressing? It's not different anymore...and if you're already not happy with your life, this thing you're trying to do...it's not going to make your life better. You'll be living as something you're not...and if you can be comfortable with that, that's fine, but then that means you have to accept the fact that you are, indeed, a poser.

I'd love to give you help but it just sounds to me that you're changing yourself so people will think differently of you or like you better or something...your previous style sounds like it's completely at the opposite end of the spectrum compared to the "punk/emo/goth" look that you're going for now. Listening to punk music and wearing band t-shirts isn't going to solve whatever underlying problem you have that's making you want to do this. I would suggest being yourself and not going as extreme as changing the color of your room, the music you listen to, the clothes you wear, your hair, etc.

EDIT: also, you should stop updating your question every 10 seconds...did you really think that people were going to be nice to you after reading this question? You really do come off as a total poser. If I had to guess, I'd say that you are about 14 and are desperately trying to fit in and you find this to be a good way to do it...it's not! It seems like it's "different" to dress emo or punk...but did you not notice that's now how ALOT of people are dressing? It's not different anymore...and if you're already not happy with your life, this thing you're trying to do...it's not going to make your life better. You'll be living as something you're not...and if you can be comfortable with that, that's fine, but then that means you have to accept the fact that you are, indeed, a poser.

Your trying way to hard.

If you like your hair then keep it, don't try making yourself into something you are not!!

It seems like you woke up one morning and decided hey I'm gonna go emo today.

Just be yourself! You'll appreciate it later on in life!!

don't do it. If your trying to impress a boy or something theres no point. Emo's goths and punks are so scary and no one likes them. Honestly, every one I know bags them or are mean about them so if you want to be an emo, fine but just know your going to be unpopular and wierd

Try alternative music. bands such as My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Paramore, Cobra Starship, etc

Try alternative music. bands such as My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Paramore, Cobra Starship, etc

Back