Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay I have plenty of male gay friends. Your his parent. you know whether or not he is gay. Mostly likely if he's of college age, you've had plenty of time to tell. You can't beat it out of him and it's nothing to be scared of. It is what it is. Love him because he's your son.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Homosexuality
    —How Can I Avoid It?

TODAY’S tolerant attitudes have prompted a number of youths to experiment with same-sex relationships. “Many girls in my school claim to be either lesbian, bisexual, or ‘bi-curious,’” says 15-year-old Becky. Christa, 18, finds the situation similar at her school. “Two classmates have actually propositioned me,” she says. “One wrote me a note asking if I wanted to see what it was like to be with a girl.”

With same-sex relationships being flaunted so openly, you may wonder: ‘Is homosexuality really bad? What if I’m attracted to someone of my sex? Does that mean I’m gay?

http://www.watchtower.org/e/200702b/article_01.htm

The Bible’s Viewpoint

Should Christians Hate Homosexuals?

IN 1969 a word describing an irrational fear of or aversion to homosexuals was coined in the English language. The word is “homophobia.” Many languages do not have such a specific word, yet for thousands of years, people of many nations and tongues have evinced a dislike for homosexuals.

In more recent times, though, homosexuality has been widely promoted as merely an alternative form of sexual expression. Historian Jerry Z. Muller recently wrote of a “rising demand for public recognition and respect for homosexuality as such.” He explained that homosexuals “have increasingly banded together to proclaim their practice as praiseworthy, and to demand that others do so as well.” This is seen especially in Western countries. However, in most parts of the world, even in so-called liberal lands, many still condemn and spurn homosexuality.

Homosexuals and those suspected of homosexuality are often singled out as targets of scornful remarks, harassment, and violence. Even religious leaders have manifested such hatred. Some have started what may seem to be their own private wars against homosexuals. Take, for instance, the comments made by a bishop of the Greek Orthodox Church that were broadcasted recently on Greek national radio. He stated: “God will burn homosexuals forever in the fiery pitch of hell. The screams of their filthy mouths will resound to all eternity. Their perverse bodies will experience unbearable torment.” Is this really true? How does God feel about homosexuals?

God’s View

The Bible does not call particular attention to homosexuals as a group to be ostracized or hated by Christians. Moreover, it does not teach that God will punish homosexuals—or any of his creatures—by burning them in a fiery hell forever.—Compare Romans 6:23.

However, the Scriptures do set forth the moral standards of our Creator, which oftentimes run counter to modern-day mores. Homosexual acts, heterosexual sex between unmarried persons, and bestiality are all condemned in the Bible. (Exodus 22:19; Ephesians 5:3-5) God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of such sexual practices.—Genesis 13:13; 18:20; 19:4, 5, 24, 25.

Regarding acts of homosexuality, God’s Word pointedly says: “This is a hateful thing.” (Leviticus 18:22, The New Jerusalem Bible) God’s Law to Israel stipulated: “When a man lies down with a male the same as one lies down with a woman, both of them have done a detestable thing. They should be put to death without fail.” (Leviticus 20:13) The same punishment was prescribed for those committing bestiality, incest, and adultery.—Leviticus 20:10-12, 14-17.

The apostle Paul was inspired to describe homosexual acts as expressions of “disgraceful sexual appetites” and as “contrary to nature.” He writes: “That is why God gave them up to disgraceful sexual appetites, for both their females changed the natural use of themselves into one contrary to nature; and likewise even the males left the natural use of the female and became violently inflamed in their lust toward one another, males with males, working what is obscene and receiving in themselves the full recompense, which was due for their error. And just as they did not approve of holding God in accurate knowledge, God gave them up to a disapproved mental state, to do the things not fitting.”—Romans 1:26-28.

The Scriptures offer no apologies, no concessions, no ambiguity; homosexual practices, adultery, fornication, are all repulsive in God’s sight. Accordingly, true Christians do not water down the Bible’s position on “disgraceful sexual appetites” merely to become more popular or more acceptable to modern culture. Nor do they agree with any movement dedicated to the promotion of homosexuality as a normal life-style.

“Hate What Is Bad”

The Bible admonishes: “O*you lovers of Jehovah, hate what is bad.” (Psalm 97:10) Hence, Christians are expected to hate every practice that violates Jehovah’s laws. Some people may even react with stronger feelings of aversion or disgust toward homosexuality than toward other types of immorality, viewing homosexuality as an unnatural sexual perversion. However, should Christians hate the individuals who practice such things?

The psalmist sheds some light on this issue at Psalm 139:21, 22: “Do I not hate those who are intensely hating you, O*Jehovah, and do I not feel a loathing for those revolting against you? With a complete hatred I do hate them. They have become to me real enemies.” Our loyalty to Jehovah and his principles should generate in us a strong dislike of those who deliberately revolt against Jehovah and who take a stand as God’s enemies. Satan and the demons are among such confirmed enemies of God. Some humans also likely fall into this category. Yet, it may be very difficult for a Christian to identify such people from outward appearances. We cannot read hearts. (Jeremiah 17:9, 10) It would be wrong to assume that one is an unreformable enemy of God because he or she is practicing wrong. In many cases wrongdoers simply do not know God’s standards.

Hence, generally speaking, Christians are slow to hate fellow humans. Even if they have strong feelings of abhorrence toward certain life-styles, they do not seek to inflict injury on others, nor do they harbor spite or malice toward them. Rather, the Bible counsels Christians to “be peaceable with all men.”—Romans 12:9, 17-19.

“God Is Not Partial”

Jehovah will grant forgiveness to the person who truly repents, no matter what immorality that person may have been committing. There is no evidence that Jehovah views one form of immorality as worse than another. “God is not partial.” (Acts 10:34, 35) Consider, for example, the case of the first-century congregation in Corinth. The apostle Paul wrote to them: “Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men, nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit God’s kingdom.” Then Paul acknowledged that some former fornicators, adulterers, homosexuals, and thieves had been accepted into the Christian congregation in Corinth. He explained: “And yet that is what some of you were. But you have been washed clean, but you have been sanctified, but you have been declared righteous in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.”—1*Corinthians 6:9-11.

Of course, Jehovah does not tolerate any continued and persistent violation of his perfect moral standards. He definitely hates the obstinate disregard of his principles. However, he keeps the door for reconciliation open. (Psalm 86:5; Isaiah 55:7) In harmony with this, Christians do not make homosexuals, or anyone else, the target of ill will, ridicule, or harassment. True Christians view their fellow humans as potential disciples of Christ, treating them in a respectful and dignified manner. The Bible says: “This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, whose will is that all sorts of men should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth.”—1*Timothy 2:3,*4.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Asking someone to "kill the gay" in them is just as futile as asking a heterosexual to "kill the straight" in them. Environmental, Genetic, whatever, it's hard wired and it probably won't be changing. Either you can change your attitude or you can break a family apart because you care so much about what shows your son watches and who he wants to have sex with.

And who knows if hes even gay? Apparently you haven't talked to him about it. I hope this is a fake question.

Downloads
    Uploads

I think my son is gay?

How do I approach him? He is planning on going to college in new york soon... Should I beat it out of him? He watches all these chick shows and it scares me. He gossips on the phone and does not have any male friends...How do i kill the gay in him?

Downloads
    Uploads
    If he is gay then that's his burden; you can choose to make it heavier or lighter. Do you love him? How would you want to be treated?

If you beat him, you will hardly be the first parent to abuse your child because he or she is gay. You will drive your son away forever, but if you're lucky, you won't go to jail for.

If you accept who he is and support him, it may be difficult at times, but that's what it is to be a parent. Sometimes it's hard. Despite what some people like to believe, being gay is not a lifestyle choice. He is who he is, and there's little he can do about it except deny who he is and be miserable. What you'll get for supporting him is his love, and my respect.

If you abuse him, I'll think you're scum; and I'll be right.

Downloads
    Uploads
    just accept it, or atleast tolorate it, theres not need to be an intolorant bigot

edit:are you a troll?

Downloads
    Uploads
    If he is gay then that's his burden; you can choose to make it heavier or lighter. Do you love him? How would you want to be treated?

If you beat him, you will hardly be the first parent to abuse your child because he or she is gay. You will drive your son away forever, but if you're lucky, you won't go to jail for.

If you accept who he is and support him, it may be difficult at times, but that's what it is to be a parent. Sometimes it's hard. Despite what some people like to believe, being gay is not a lifestyle choice. He is who he is, and there's little he can do about it except deny who he is and be miserable. What you'll get for supporting him is his love, and my respect.

If you abuse him, I'll think you're scum; and I'll be right.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just deal with it and let him lead his own life.

Downloads
    Uploads
    sounds to me like you might have some sexual orientation issues of your own...........seriously, this is probably not a serious question, therefore, a serious answer is not deserved........

Downloads
    Uploads
    wow, when i was a kid, i had female friends because i wanted to screw them all, so i surrounded myself with all the girls i could

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast