Do college kids get less vacation time than high school kids?

reader14

Mar 21, 2009
hey i'm in high school rite now and it seems to me that ppl in college r very excited about spring break. i mean i get really excited for summer vacation rather than spring break so is spring break the only break that college kids get???

No. Time off varies by college, but you generally get more spring/summer time off and more winter vacation, too, to allow people to travel home for the holidays.

I think the reason college students are soooo into spring break is because it's not really a major holiday time and they have the freedom to take a trip with each other instead of going home to the family. Beach fun, meeting others their own age, partying all day and night with no parents to answer to.

No. Time off varies by college, but you generally get more spring/summer time off and more winter vacation, too, to allow people to travel home for the holidays.

I think the reason college students are soooo into spring break is because it's not really a major holiday time and they have the freedom to take a trip with each other instead of going home to the family. Beach fun, meeting others their own age, partying all day and night with no parents to answer to.

Back