Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Many sites also use cookies to track repeat visitors. You might want to delete all your cookies (or at least the ones for the site in question), in addition to changing your IP.

Also, you may not have to get a new ISP, just to change your IP. If the ISP that you are with assigns IP addresses dynamically (most do, unless you specifically reqested a static IP), then you probably will be able to get a new IP just by rebooting your DSL modem or cable modem. To see what IP you have, go to www.whatismyip.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Will a new internet service provider clear my IP address history?

For example. Let's say I go to www.yahoo.com so this IP address is logged and can be seen for visiting www.yahoo.com. If I change internet providers I should now have a new IP address, right? Now, here's the question. Will the owners of the website I visit be able to see that I am still the same person? Usually when an IP address changes you can see all the ip addresses that have been used under the one account. But, with the new provider will the new IP address still be linked with the old one? Basically, I have to look like a new person.
    I need to be seen as a completely new person. Like if I was banned from a website I need to be able to get back in.
    To joe.attaboy: A website can view all the IP addresses a person has used
    To chobits29303: I'm pretty sure a website owner doesn't have information relating to signals.
    To mti2935: My current provider comcast, which issues a static IP.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What the hell are you worried about? You can't be identified by your IP address anyway, other than under subpoena to the ISP.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Many sites also use cookies to track repeat visitors. You might want to delete all your cookies (or at least the ones for the site in question), in addition to changing your IP.

Also, you may not have to get a new ISP, just to change your IP. If the ISP that you are with assigns IP addresses dynamically (most do, unless you specifically reqested a static IP), then you probably will be able to get a new IP just by rebooting your DSL modem or cable modem. To see what IP you have, go to www.whatismyip.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    you can always just use a proxy, that's alot cheaper and easier than switching ISP's and it makes you look like someone else from somewhere else ^^ Switching ISP will change you IP address, but the other information (like where the signal is originating from ie, your house) will still be the same.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by joe.attaboy View Post
    What the hell are you worried about? You can't be identified by your IP address anyway, other than under subpoena to the ISP.
    With just an ip address a normal person can trace it back to the corresponding ISP using sites like Ip-details.com