Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Armand

what would happen if you put your rims on backwards?

so just out of curiousity, lets say you had a car or truck whose rims could be attached backwards.
    would this damage the rims or the vehicle at all?
    ive seen those really wide rims for wide tires, and im just curious if you flipped the wheels around to give the car a wider look, would it in fact damage anything?

im thinking not since the wall of the rimis the only thing bolted to the car, so if it doesnt bend when its on the right way, i dont why it would bend the other way, unless it had something to do with the weight of the car pushing in the centre a bit more. any suggestions?

Bubbles
    sort of like putting your bra on backwards . It doesn't hurt anything but what is the point?

Quicksilver82778
    It would mess up your rim and rotors but you would look really cool doing it

Ezz17
    Yes most likely because it would rub the caliper, rotor, or even part of the wheel well. Thats my guess.

leonard s
    you would not be driving a modern car so i doubt that's there any intelligent response to your question

][v][
    lol rims don't go backwards only one way directional tires do and if you want wide rims just buy them because putting a tire on the wrong way is very dangerous the tire can vibrate off and or rip out the lug nuts

inda w
    the brake calipers would prevent this from happening, but it sounded good LOL

da_hal
    i'm not a car expert but my guess would be that you would damage your power steering and front joints. rear wheels shouldn't be that much of a problem unless you have all wheel steering.

bad speller
    if you pout the rime back wears then the will not going to fit because the brake system,