what would happen if you put your rims on backwards?

A

Armand

so just out of curiousity, lets say you had a car or truck whose rims could be attached backwards.
would this damage the rims or the vehicle at all?
ive seen those really wide rims for wide tires, and im just curious if you flipped the wheels around to give the car a wider look, would it in fact damage anything?
im thinking not since the wall of the rimis the only thing bolted to the car, so if it doesnt bend when its on the right way, i dont why it would bend the other way, unless it had something to do with the weight of the car pushing in the centre a bit more. any suggestions?

sort of like putting your bra on backwards . It doesn't hurt anything but what is the point?

It would mess up your rim and rotors but you would look really cool doing it :)

Yes most likely because it would rub the caliper, rotor, or even part of the wheel well. Thats my guess.

you would not be driving a modern car so i doubt that's there any intelligent response to your question

lol rims don't go backwards only one way directional tires do and if you want wide rims just buy them because putting a tire on the wrong way is very dangerous the tire can vibrate off and or rip out the lug nuts

the brake calipers would prevent this from happening, but it sounded good LOL :)

i'm not a car expert but my guess would be that you would damage your power steering and front joints. rear wheels shouldn't be that much of a problem unless you have all wheel steering.

if you pout the rime back wears then the will not going to fit because the brake system,

Back