can you have a miscarriage if you don't eat healthy?

Yes. You can have a miscarriage due to diet, stress, abuse, but the diet portion really depends on how far along you are, if the baby is large enough to fight for nutrients, etc. I mean even if you can't exactly eat healthy, you can take vitamins.

If you eat extremely unhealthy, miscarriage could probably occur.
But I wouldn't recommend eating the way you used to, unless you were eating properly and according to the food guide.
You also need extra vitamins and nutrients that you're probably not getting enough of.

Ask a doctor for a food plan for you.

You really should try to eat healthy so you can have a healthy baby. Bad calories ( like cheeseburgers and fries) actually do not help your baby put on weight, you baby needs healthy calories. Also unhealthy life style while pregnant can lead to premature birth which will also result in a low birth weight baby. As far as i am concerned there is no reason not to eat healthy while you are pregnant....

You CAN, but I recommend that you still take fruits and vegetables as well as your meats and proteins. Healthy diet while pregnancy, healthy baby.

maybe...my mom ate practically nothing but McDonalds with my brothers and she was older and diabetic and didnt miscarry though. You should eat right as much as possible but if you eat junk food now and then you'll be alright too.

miscarriages aren't determined by what you eat.

If you are pregnant your baby gets all the nutrients and vitamins before you do. So that is why dr's advise to eat healthy...so you and the baby can thrive.

No. Eat healthy. e.g. fresh fruits and stuff. Limit those junk foods. The baby might have a defect (I heard once that a drug addict mother who was pregnant who still kept taking drugs while pregnant ended up with a baby that had a tail sort of what a demon's tail looks like) and yes. You can have a miscarriage.

Well, it depends on how you did eat. If you ate mcdonalds every single day, then no. It's best to only increase your calorie intake by three hundred a day, and to keep from getting dehydrated. Drink at least 4 glasses of milk a day, and avoid caffeine. Avoid sugary foods and eat lots of fruits and veggies. Its ok to have a craving, but to only have that craving every once in a while. I don't know whether a miscarraige could happen because of poor food intake, but it's best to eat healthy for both you and your baby. :]

yeah you can eat the same. a miscarriage is sometimes unexplained...nature's way of removing an unhealthy pregnancy

You can if you don't want your baby to get any nutrients. The baby can steal all that from you and that's why you need to eat better and drink more water.

A miscarriage is caused by many different things.

Talk to your doc about that.

Its unlikely that not eating healthfully could cause a miscarriage, but possible. You can eat the same way to some extent, it depends what your diet was like. Google "recommended foods during pregnancy" and "forbidden foods during pregnancy," you'll get a much more comprehensive list than anyone on here will give you. Congrats, and about the miscarriage thing--try not to worry too much. We're all paranoid, but stressing doesn't help :)

Back