my friend gave me a motorola phone to use?

A bit vague but....
If the phone your friend gave you is also a T-Mobile phone, simply take your SIM card out of your existing phone and insert it in the phone given to you. If it's a AT&T phone, you will need to get it unlock if not already done then you can put in your SIM card and go. If it's either Verizon, Sprint phone, sorry Charlie, it will not work with your service as the technology is completely different.

i have tmobile service, how do i begin to use his phone with my same service?

Hi if your friends motorola phone belongs to the same t-mobile network then you can freely use it with your t-mobile sim just by inserting your sim in it ..Else if the motorola phone is locked to some other network provider then it wont accept your t-mobile sim until you unlock it .You can easily unlock your phone using sites like OnlineGSMUnlock.com here they are rendering network unlock code for all mobile models at reliable cost .You first verify that whether the code is available for your mobile model ,country and network provider .If yes then pay for it and unlock your phone then freely use it with any GSM sim ...

Back