Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Was this car part salesman correct about calling this a fuel pump? picture included?

I ordered a Fuel pump and he asked me if I wanted the right hand side or the left hand side. Since I am no car part expert I said left thinking he was referring to where the steering wheel was located. I acknowledge I was wrong with saying left. He sent me this part here:
    http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/1997/bmw/318i/fuel_delivery/fuel_level_sending_unit.html
    I called him to let him know that I got the wrong part I told him that I ordered a fuel pump and not a fuel level sending unit. He then told me that there are two fuel pumps that one is the jet pump and the other one is the fuel pump. He told me that he sent me the jet pump since I said left.I do acknowledge my mistake of telling him left but was he correct in calling that part a jet pump? When I ordered I never mentioned jet pump I only said that I needed a fuel pump. So the question is if that part in the link above is also be called a jet pump?

We did end up finding a solution to this and he agreed to send me the part for no extra charge.But i wanted to know if it was a valid mistake or if he completely messed up.
    It is a 318i BMW Sedan

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't imagine any circumstance in which that part would be called a "pump." It's sole purpose is to gauge the level of fuel in the tank. I'd say honest mistake made worse by the part guy's innacurate description.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a fuel level sending unit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it was a mistake on both sides as you should have known what you really needed, as should he since he is the parts man. No harm, no foul though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't imagine any circumstance in which that part would be called a "pump." It's sole purpose is to gauge the level of fuel in the tank. I'd say honest mistake made worse by the part guy's innacurate description.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a fuel level sending unit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it was a mistake on both sides as you should have known what you really needed, as should he since he is the parts man. No harm, no foul though.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    well something isn't adding up. the picture is of a fuel sending unit. and i'm assuming you have a pick up truck with dual tanks.

if you asked for a fuel pump he sold you the wrong part

Downloads
    Uploads
    well something isn't adding up. the picture is of a fuel sending unit. and i'm assuming you have a pick up truck with dual tanks.

if you asked for a fuel pump he sold you the wrong part