Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is this to him? Should I wait for a relationship?

Ok so there is this guy I've known for about 2 years now, about 3 months ago we really got talking and since then we talk everyday all the time and skype etc. We've talked about a relationship however he's going away for 3 months and travels a lot so is a bit confused as to how it would work (he's never had a proper relationship) but I reckon it'd work. He left for the airport yesterday and I said he needed to make his mind up because I don't like being in limbo, he didn't reply to this but rang me from the airport anyway and we had a really nice conversation but still no answer! How do I proceed with this?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmmmm this should have been talked about. 3 months isnt long really but it is if you meet the man of your dreams in the meantime and turn him down for this dude that you're not even sure if you're in a relationship with or not.

Give it 2 weeks, see if the conversation comes up - if it doesnt then feel free to do as you wish.

He could be doing what he wants right now....you know what i mean.....

Hes probably thinking you'll wait for him, whilst hes off doing what he wants....hes got his cake and eating it....2 weeks max!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Keep in contact with him, but make sure you spell out clearly what your thoughts are about this situation....ie, that you cannot live in Limbo, if he is forever travelling and going away for months at a time.

Of course, if this is his job so be it. You cannot expect him to change his job or career . I suppose at the end of the day, it depends on just how much you want each other, how much you both are prepared to sacrifice or change yr life.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Clearly he wants it but is worried that you won't. Just say you want it, get together and wait the 3 months out. I'm in a long distance relationship, not seen her in more than a month yet we're still as close as ever. So it certainly can work, just got to be committed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's definitely something that should have been talked about before he left.
    He probably doesn't want to make committments to you through texts or over the phone.
    Just let him know how you feel, and ask him if when he gets back, he thinks that your relationship together is going to progress. That is all you can do. You can't force this on him right now because he is so far away, and is going to continue to be away. Just let things go naturally, and that pretty much means that you're going to have to wait until he gets back.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Give it time dear.He will call and talk about it if he really wants to start a relationship.Don't push it.Wait for him to take a step first.Don't bother till then.