Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Mom favors my sister over me, I don't understand.?

Nomatter what I do, my mother favors my older sister, who is four years older, over me. I don't understand, because my sister is commonly rude to my mother, while I try to be as nice as I can be. I like comics, art, music, and am a mix of tomboy and girly. My sister is a drama queen. My mother even told me dad, "I have a favorite daughter." When she was mad at him, and we knew she was talking about my sister. I don't understand what I did wrong. She even yelled at me for defending myself (not physically) against kids who were making fun of me, by calling me emo and ugly. She never likes my art, although I am good enough (not by grades, just art) to be accepted into an art COLLAGE although I'm twelve. I just don't understand, and it makes me sad. None of my friends come over when my mother is home, because of the way she treats me, and my mother blames ME. I need advice.

Oh, yea. I'm also adopted, and my sister is, also.

MitzyMunoz
    well i have an older sister too. Even though were not adopted i kinda wish i was. My mom is almost the same as yours but my sister runsaaway and my mom doesnt care. You should really sit down and talk with your parents about this. Parents are suppossed to keep you in a warm loving environment and you arent living in one. Just talk to them im sure your mom doesnt realize how much its hurting you because you dont tell her. Anyways im Mitzy im 13 and when i talked to my parents about my mom it really helped. maybe it will help you too. GOOD LUCK

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Elise S View Post
    Nomatter what I do, my mother favors my older sister, who is four years older, over me. I don't understand, because my sister is commonly rude to my mother, while I try to be as nice as I can be. I like comics, art, music, and am a mix of tomboy and girly. My sister is a drama queen. My mother even told me dad, "I have a favorite daughter." When she was mad at him, and we knew she was talking about my sister. I don't understand what I did wrong. She even yelled at me for defending myself (not physically) against kids who were making fun of me, by calling me emo and ugly. She never likes my art, although I am good enough (not by grades, just art) to be accepted into an art COLLAGE although I'm twelve. I just don't understand, and it makes me sad. None of my friends come over when my mother is home, because of the way she treats me, and my mother blames ME. I need advice.
    Oh, yea. I'm also adopted, and my sister is, also.
    I would try to confront her and ask her that, but if that doesn't work talk to your dad.