Hello everyone.

About a year ago I was very unhappy in my marriage and I had an affair. I’m not saying that was an excuse for an affair, I know that was wrong. Anyways I ended up having very strong feelings for this girl (she never knew I was married). I ended it with her, telling her that I needed time to figure things out and I told her that once I felt I got my life straight I would call her and if she was still single we would try again. (I never told her I was married).

I talked to my wife, without mentioning the affair, and we both decided that we were both unhappy and now that the kids are grown and moved out there was no reason to stay together. We got divorced (about 10 months ago), and I spent about 4 or 5 months getting settled and called this girl again.

We have been seeing each other for about 6 months and I asked her to marry me, she said yes. Now, this is where there is a problem. I’m 41 and she is 23. She hasn’t met my kids (they are 20 and 18) because I didn’t want to go down that road until I was sure it was going to be long term since there will obviously be some contention about the ages. Not to mention I’m sure there will be speculation about us getting married so soon after my divorce. (And if you have negative things to say about me having the affair – I deserve that, but please refrain from insulting her since she never knew I was married, I don’t wear a ring and I spent almost every day with her)

What would be the best way to go about introducing her to my kids?