Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How long should I wait to have sex after re-starting the pill?

Due to some policies of my doctor and my insurance company, I could not get a prescription for my birth control pills right after my last pack ended (I am taking Trinessa). I took my last inactive pill, then went five days before I saw my doctor again. My doctor then renewed my prescription for just one month until I get my insurance issues settled. But anyway...

She informed me that I could start my new pack on that day, which I did. She didn't inform me, though, if I needed to abstain from sex for a certain amount of time.

Basically, I was on the pill for a full year and then missed five days. I just want to know how long I should abstain from sex. I told my partner that it would be a week (even though my doctor didn't say anything, I just wanted to be sure) but could I have unprotected sex earlier than that, since I was already on the pill for a year? Or, should I even wait longer than a week?
    The leaflet that comes with the pills instructs to take the first pill on the first day of your period...so you wouldn't need a backup method. I'm just confused because my doctor had me start on the same day I got my prescription, which would have been the 5th day of my menstrual cycle, plus she didn't mention anything about abstaining.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i think even a month :/ thats what i had to do when i started it but read through the description and it should tell you

Downloads
    Uploads
    The rule is to abstain for a week when you begin taking birth control again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can have sex as soon as you want but you have to use protection or you'll have a risk of getting pregnant. Even if you miss one pill you're supposed to wait two weeks till having unprotected sex. I know it may sound terrible but you can have fun using protection too.