Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to help a child who doesn't like his parents new relationships.?

I need help. My close friend is dealing with being a step mom. She claims that the boy hates it when she hugs her boyfriend, he tries to get between them and cries for his dad if he tells him "wait for a moment". I didn't believe it myself until tonight at dinner when I witnessed it for myself. We all went out to dinner,and the boy sat between them and wined when his dad was flirting with my friend Angela.
    It's sad because the boy seems to like her but whenever they get close or even hold hands the boy flips out. He even asked his dad tonight at the table, " Why can't mommy be here with you?" He's only 5 years old, so I don't think he has any memory of his parents happy together. Angela told me that his mother has been dating someone as well but doesn't know if he acts that way with them or not.

Parents help. Neither of us have children of our own and know what the kid or the parents are going through. I feel bad for the boy, but his parents have both moved on, what do you suggest? For my friend as well, I feel bad for her too, she deserves a healthy relationship.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly, unless she is living with this guy or getting married to him, i don't see why she's around his child. This is just my opinion of course, but maybe asking him why it bothers him would help ... and then keeping the PDA to a minimum when he's around.