Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dating recovering sex addict?

So this is a bit of a long story but I will make it short. I'm just trying to get someone's unbiased perspective on this.
    I've known this man for years. We seem to pop in and out of eachother's lives. Well, for the past 5 months we have been getting closer and I feel really strong feelings for him and he says he feels the same for me. Perfect right? There's a catch.
    He's a recovering sex addict. He's in SAA a recovery program and has a mentor as well, so he's on the right track. But, he isn't in a place to be able to date yet or even be remotely affectionate with someone. The slightest touch of a hand can set him off.
    So he asked me to wait for him. Until he's beaten his addiction and can be the right person for me.
    Even then he said we have to go extremely slow, have chaperones sometimes, and avoid sexual activity.

I think I love this person. And I feel like I might be waiting forever because I have no idea what this road will bring. All of my friends think negatively on this so I'm just looking for advice.
    Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have faith in him stop listening to other people give him a shot its all about how you feel!