Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Could this long distance relationship work?

I was bored today, so I hopped on Chat Roulette and started talking to people. I met this really pretty girl from the Netherlands and we talked for like 3 hours, then gave each other our phone numbers. We're both 17. She's REALLY interested in me, which is weird to me because she looks like a freaking supermodel and I'm just an average American teenager.

I know that we're both young, and I'm going to college next year, but what are the chances that we could sustain a long term relationship for like 4 years and eventually be together? I don't want to sound superficial or anything, but this girl is drop dead GORGEOUS and doesn't act like a typical American girl of the same level of attractiveness would. She's fun to talk to, has a sense of humor, isn't snobby and is just genuinely a great person, which is why I would wait a long time if it meant we could make something out of the relationship.

Am I just acting stupid, or is this actually a possibility? If we did keep in touch for so long, how could I bring her to America anyways? Would I have to marry her if she wanted to stay here?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well you're both young and would go off to college or whatever in your own countries so for the moment should just stay friends and maybe visit in the summer to get to know each other better. And if she wanted to come to America she would have to apply for a Green Card so she could stay like a citizen. One way to do it is to marry an American like you said, another would be to apply for a visa, or get a job in america that would grant her access. Or she could take a test which makes you become an actual US citizen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Realistically speaking, no this isn't going to work out you don't even know who she is. AND you don't even know if she's being truthful. you should try to meet a nice AMERICAN girl who you can actually go out with. Plus I really really doubt either of you can keep this up. Like come on. I know you mean well but NOPE, not going to happen