Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi: How about a nice pasta salad. I make mine using tri colored rotini. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Rinse in cold water and add a dash of olive oil to keep from sticking. Cut up some thinly sliced ham, pepperoni and salami slices from the deli into small pieces. Cut up a few scallions (green onions) into small rings. Cut grape tomatoes and canned black olives in half. Finely chop up some capers - these are also called non-pariels and are packed in vinegar. Add all meats, capers and veggies to the pasta and before serving put on your favorite italian dressing, you may want to add some of the caper vinegar too. Sorry I can't give you exact amounts but go by your taste. Garnsh with a good grind of fresh black pepper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    a chicken pasta salad
    cooked pasta (fussilie penne etc)
    cooked roasted chicken
    chillies
    spring onion (scallions)
    red green peppers
    olive oil
    balsamic vinegar
    salt pepper
    sage oregano
    cherry tomatoes
    fresh basil

slice or chop all ingredients ( use quantities that suit you) if don't like anything leave it out
    and add any thing you do like like garlic (left that out because of the kissing thing)
    toss all ingredients together then finish with a quality olive oil and balsamic vinegar
    Enjoy

Downloads
    Uploads

What is a good cold dish to bring to my boyfriend in college for a date?

I'm still in highschool, he is in college (freshman) and I would like to bring up dinner for him. I've got absolutely no ideas though. It has to be cold, because we can't heat it unless we microwave it, but often he does not like microwaved food. If possible, I would love it to have a bunch of veggies, because he never gets enough, but I understand if you have other ideas. What do you think would be the perfect dinner to bring?

Downloads
    Uploads
    thinly slice cucumber
    honey toasted walnuts (or just plainly toasted or just plain walnuts)
    maple poached pears (or just freshly sliced pears or even an apple or some other fruit)
    mixed salad
    julienned carrots (about 2-3 in long and very thinly sliced)

In a middle of a plate put the cucumber in the middle so it is like a hollow circle (standing up)
    Put salad in the middle and sprinkle the carrots on top
    Put the fruit slices on the bottom and add the walnuts on top of the fruit

Downloads
    Uploads
    thinly slice cucumber
    honey toasted walnuts (or just plainly toasted or just plain walnuts)
    maple poached pears (or just freshly sliced pears or even an apple or some other fruit)
    mixed salad
    julienned carrots (about 2-3 in long and very thinly sliced)

In a middle of a plate put the cucumber in the middle so it is like a hollow circle (standing up)
    Put salad in the middle and sprinkle the carrots on top
    Put the fruit slices on the bottom and add the walnuts on top of the fruit

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi: How about a nice pasta salad. I make mine using tri colored rotini. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Rinse in cold water and add a dash of olive oil to keep from sticking. Cut up some thinly sliced ham, pepperoni and salami slices from the deli into small pieces. Cut up a few scallions (green onions) into small rings. Cut grape tomatoes and canned black olives in half. Finely chop up some capers - these are also called non-pariels and are packed in vinegar. Add all meats, capers and veggies to the pasta and before serving put on your favorite italian dressing, you may want to add some of the caper vinegar too. Sorry I can't give you exact amounts but go by your taste. Garnsh with a good grind of fresh black pepper.

Downloads
    Uploads