Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does anybody out there have a similar experience with fraud by Directv?

I terminated Directv and switched to Dish Network. With the credit card info they have on file, without authorization, they went into my account and stole the amount of my final bill. I will file a fraud claim with my bank, but I just wonder if anybody else has had this experience and what happened. Thanks!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have not had the same problem that you had. But my issue was.......I moved to another state and asked them to move my dish. The technician came out, and said that there "is no line of sight", meaning trees are blocking the satellite signal. There for, he refused to install the dish. I called Directv, and explained the situation and asked to close my account so that i could use another company. Their response was, that if i wanted to cancel my contract to close my account......i would have to pay the $465 fee to break the contract. So, even though, they cannot provide my service and they refuse to install a dish, i am still expected to "keep my service" and pay the monthly fee. MY thoughts are.......if they are unable or unwilling to provide service, isn't THAT in breach of our contract and shouldn't that be reason enough to void it? NO according to Directv

Downloads
    Uploads
    With the credit card information they had on file, they BILLED you for the final bill AS REQUIRED by the contract YOU accepted. Your fraud report is the ONLY fraud involved in this case. Next time READ the agreement you sign.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think that would be fraud, they just billed your card for the final bill, even if they made a mistake.

Did you cancel before the next billing period started.

When I had direct tv, I cancelled it about 1 week before the end of what I paid for and didn't have any problem.

I swiched to dish network too, I like it better and then I switched to dish prepaid because I would rather choose which programs I want to pay for and not have to pay for stuff I don't want.

I like to buy HBO and Showtime and those movie channels and not have to buy the standard package in order to get the movies. Then if I see something on that I want to watch, I just buy 1 day of those other channels.

But I heard that they aren't going to sell the prepaid boxes anymore, so only if you get one quick or already have one you can get in on the prepaid.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think that would be fraud, they just billed your card for the final bill, even if they made a mistake.

Did you cancel before the next billing period started.

When I had direct tv, I cancelled it about 1 week before the end of what I paid for and didn't have any problem.

I swiched to dish network too, I like it better and then I switched to dish prepaid because I would rather choose which programs I want to pay for and not have to pay for stuff I don't want.

I like to buy HBO and Showtime and those movie channels and not have to buy the standard package in order to get the movies. Then if I see something on that I want to watch, I just buy 1 day of those other channels.

But I heard that they aren't going to sell the prepaid boxes anymore, so only if you get one quick or already have one you can get in on the prepaid.