Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

does a little apple juice in my dog's water dish help eliminate urine stains

in grass? I've had my german shepherd for a year now and my back yard is quite a mess with a lot of dead patches from where she has gone pee. I've heard that a little apple juice in her water will help to neutralize the acidity of her urine, has anyone ever heard of this to be true?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Never ever heard of that. All I can say is that apple juice is a natural laxative..... take it as you will, however i wouldn't take any chances of my dog having an accident in the house just because they couldn't hold it at all. It's happened to me a few times actually. The only thing that i would try is maybe some gator-aide or pedialite in the water. I know it sounds dumb but a well hydrated dogs urine will be mostly water waist. And allot of dogs don't drink the amount they should since they are tired, or playing, or simply not into water. You might also try tuna juice in the water to make it a little more appetizing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tomato sauce is what I've heard. Just give a tablespoon a day. Try to make sure it is sodium/sugar free since those things aren't healthy for your dog.