i dont know how to program the controller. My house has four rooms that have dish (my room, my parents, my sister(1) room, and sister(2) room) on it and in my room im able to record and also in my sister(1) room. My sister(1) room has the receiver and in my room i just have the tv and a white cable. The remote is 6.4 ir/uhf pro, one day i went to my moms room to watch tv but her black remote didnt have batteries so i got the batteries that were in my silver remote and put them in the black one. When i was done i put my batteries back to my silver remote and i tried changing the channel on my tv and it wasnt working.....the remote was working but it wouldnt change channels or it wouldnt raise the volume up. My tv brand is TOSHIBA. Every time i would press a button the TV button on the remote would start flickering does this mean i need to buy fresh batteries? Ive been trying to fined out how to program the remote to both the tv or satellite but it keeps talking about satellite receiver .....but i dont have it in my room ....is in my sisters(1) room. On my remote it has TV2 blue key. Ive also tried holding the TV button and pressing the power button and pressing the up button but by the time i press the up button a third time it stops, then i would try to raise the volume and the TV button would just flicker