If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+


Show the help window Full page mode
Empty the chat input field Refresh the chats
Loading ...
General help
The MGC Chatbox Evo is really easy to use

You can :
  1. Send chats : you just have to enter the text in the dedicated input field and then to validate it by pushing the return key ou by clicking on the OK button.
  2. Format the chats :
  3. once you un-collapse the chatbox formatting toolbar by clicking on the BBCode button, you have access to different formatting options for your chats. You can format a chat by selecting a part (or the totality) of it and then select one of the buttons/list. You can also add empty formatting tags by selecting nothing and clicking one of the buttons/menu thus allowing you to add the chat text afterwards between these tags.*
  4. Access to the different channels : you can have access to different channels restricted to only some usergroupds or for specifics use of the chatbox. The different channels are accessible from the buttons on the left of the chatbox.*
  5. Edit your chats (or others chats) : the edition of a chat can be done by a simple double-click on it.*
  6. Use specific commands : some commands can be accessible in the chatbox depending on the will of the administrator(s) of your forum. These commands let you execute specific actions of formatting, management, etc... You will herebelow the information on the command which are accessible to you. You must notice that you are not forced to use the command prefixes (/command_name) when you use them in the channel they are attached to (except in the general channel).*
* : Depending on the settings chosen by the administrator(s) of the forum, you might not have access to all these features.
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Junior Member I ? ZOMBIES!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    How do I use a sink stopper to do dishes?

    I know this is a really stupid question but I can't figure it out. I've had a dishwasher my entire life but my dishwasher broke yesterday and I need to do some dishes. It's the kind of stopper that is like metal and it has a black rubber thing in the bottom that is attached to a little stick. I don't know but I really need some help. I just can't get the sink to hold water.

    It's like this one:

  2. #2
    Junior Member 4allpups's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Put the sink stopper into the sink hole - with the 'black rubber thingy' on the bottom. Push the 'stick thing down. This is what allows the water to drain or stay...........Just managed to get your pic up - not a sink stopper I am familiar with - sure it is not a 'filter'?

    Other options:
    Check your bath or laundry tub and see if the plugs out of them will fit the sink - they are usually standard sizes.
    Pop down to your local supermarket or hardware - whichever closest - and buy a 50cent rubber sink plug.
    Use several thicknesses of clingwrap in the sink hole (like you were lining a cake tin eg), then stuff a cloth on top of that - should hold the water long enough to get some dishes done.

    Or simply do what I usually do (only one set of dishes to worry about here - two at most)..... run the hot water as warm as you can stand it (yes, you can mix it with cold), have a dish sponge/brush and detergent ready and simply wash your dishes under running water!

    No offense meant here - but as I sit here shaking my head, I don't know if I should laugh or cry. Don't parents teach their kids basics anymore?

  3. #3
    Junior Member DDI#25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    well sweetie that is because it is not designed to hold water in the sink it is designed to catch the food waste then you empty your waste basket so to speak it keeps Debris from falling down the sink like your wedding ring or silver ware what you need is a stopper they are all black and has a knob on the top and have no holes in them you can buy them at any hardware store.just ask for a drain stopper for your kitchen sink. good luck

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2010, 10:16 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 05:42 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-28-2010, 05:01 AM
  4. A service bell stopper?
    By yaomtc in forum Bell
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 08:09 AM
  5. How bad does Dallas need a defensive stopper??
    By Chris R in forum Sports Club
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2008, 10:18 PM

Tags for this Thread


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:04 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.1
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.