Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I fast forward live TV? I have Dish network, help!?

Okay, so my family just got Dish Network installed and I'm really confused. Whenever I watch a movie I can record whenever I want and how much I want and when I watch live news I can pause and rewind as far as 2 hours back but I can't fast forward 2 hrs ahead...? Is this normal?! Other than that it's working great and I love it but I wish I could tell what's going to happen on the news like it's so suspenseful because there was a girl missing the other day (can't remember her name) and I wanted to go ahead so I could see if she'd be found safely. (She was okay but I had to wait it out and I was worried the whole time) Will they ever upgrade to this feature? Thanks in advance

I forgot to mention I dropped the remote a couple times but I didn't think it hurt it... thanks for your responses, I'll call customer service if I can't find a solution tomorrow and maybe they can send me a new remote

Downloads
    Uploads
    zzzz

Downloads
    Uploads
    You have a broken _______________ (fill in the blank), you should call Dish Network and complain. Helping someone with this problem will make their day.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As soon as time travel into the future is invented you'll be able to do the 2 hour fast forward.

In the meantime you should watch the TV show "Flash Forward". That's as close as you'll get except for some old Star Trek episodes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is a thought.

Record the news, say at 6 or 10 PM, then watch them 2 hrs later!! Then you can FF as much as you want.