Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What's wrong with my windows media player 11 and Samsung t10 and mp3's??

I downloaded and saved some .mp3 files, but when i try to play them back in wmp11 i get a "the file you are attempting to play has an extension (.mp3) that does not match the file format" but i press "ok" and the whole thing closes. i've played files in here before, its only recent and i'm confused...i can't play them on my Samsung t10 either, it says its "not a supported format" when its obviously an mp3 file on an mp3 player...plz help!!

Unregistered
    The samsung T10 player depends on MTP a device protocol rolled out by Microsoft via Windows Media Player (WMP). As of WMP11 the MTP drivers do not work with the samsung player. Samsung suggests rolling back to WMP10. However, if you're lucky enough to be a Vista user or Windows XP SP3 user (like most people in the world now) you're out of luck. You can only install WMP11 and the T10 will not work. Samsung refuses to support the changes blaming microsoft. Since the T10 isn't a microsoft product you can imagine there isn't much they are going to do.
    I have fought with Samsung Canada for 3 weeks on this issue. I suggest, if you can, return the product for a refund. If you cannot I suggest throwing it in the garbage and calling your local better business bureau.
    Samsung service has been terrible - and I now have a useless $150 MP3 player under warranty that isn't supported in any current OS in the world. Good times. Samsung will never get my business again.