Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

sony tx1 or samsung TL225?

i have read ALOTT of reviews and still cant decide, i need a compact camera for photos with friends & family and self portraits (yes i admit it)

i was sold on sony till i heard about the samsung but read a bunch of mixed reviews of that one so I'm very confused, i need a camera that shots fast , is gonna last me a while and takes AMAZING PHOTOS! and that its user friendly. price really isnt an issue, i did however have an issue with that the samsung only comes in purple or orange.. not my favorite colors....

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have nothing against Samsung in fact I own a Samsung LCD TV... but this is a no brainer... go with the Sony. The Tx1 is the best camera on the market for that class. Now if your willing to pay a little more for a much better camera I'd go with the HX1... or if you don't need a compact camera I'd go with the H20/b... a better camera for even less money.

The reason I'd go with either of those two over the Tx1 is due to the Size of the lens. This can give you much better image quality. But if size is an issue then you have the right idea with the Tx1.

The last option would be to make the jump to dSLR... a used A100, A200 wont run you much over 400. And then the next jump after that would be the A230 or A330. I'll stop there because your getting into the 600 dollar range now. Don't be intimidated by dSLR's though... on full auto mode its just as easy as a point and shoot... and then you have room to grow if you want to start experimenting with settings.