Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does My Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant have a FFC?

I just bought the Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant from T-Mobile. I know some versions of the phone do have a front facing camera, and some don't. Mine has two little circles in the top left corner of the screen which looks like one of them can be a camera.

How can I tell? I can't figure it out. Please help.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They are not camera's, the one on the left is the "Proximity Sensor", and the one on the right is the "Light Sensor". If you noticed when your talking on the phone and you move the phone away from your face, the screen will turn on, and when you put it back to your face, it will turn off. And the light sensor, will automatically adjust the screen brightness to conserve energy according to your battery settings if you have set it to Automatic.

Now your thinking, crap I thought I had a video calling phone!, well guess what? you do. The camera on the back may not see your face, but it still does video calling with Tango, and ooVoo.

How do I know all this? I own a Samsung Galaxy S, I hope I answered your question

Downloads
    Uploads
    They are not camera's, the one on the left is the "Proximity Sensor", and the one on the right is the "Light Sensor". If you noticed when your talking on the phone and you move the phone away from your face, the screen will turn on, and when you put it back to your face, it will turn off. And the light sensor, will automatically adjust the screen brightness to conserve energy according to your battery settings if you have set it to Automatic.

Now your thinking, crap I thought I had a video calling phone!, well guess what? you do. The camera on the back may not see your face, but it still does video calling with Tango, and ooVoo.

How do I know all this? I own a Samsung Galaxy S, I hope I answered your question