Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Samsung TL225 OR Nikon S8000 - Professional opinion?

I need to know which camera to buy. I have pros and cons of each. Im looking for an opinion of someone who owns one of these. The samsung has a touch screen, as well as dual screens and is 12mp the nikon is 14 mp , no touch screen, but the flash is in a bad place. Just needing some input

Downloads
    Uploads
    Since neither of these cameras are professional, I doubt that a pro will have any opinion, especially since the likelihood of anyone using both cameras under working conditions is remote.

How about this? Take a SD card with you into a store that sells both cameras and test them side by side.

Then when you get home look at the results on your large computer monitor. Look for the amount of noise each camera produces at high ISO settings. How well any IS reduces camera movement which causes blur.

Head to head here is what you will see that the Nikon has a 10x optical zoom. And since the lens on the camera is the only lens you will be using, the wider the optical zoom range the better.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare_post.asp?method=sidebyside&cameras=nikon_c ps8000,samsung_st550&show=all

Based upon the optical zoom, I would buy the Nikon