Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Samsung laptops, Good or Bad? Reliability?

How reliable are Samsung laptops?
    I want a desktop replacement, and I am planning on getting a Samsung SF511-A03.

My friend says don't get it because there aren't any reviews, and that I should get a laptop from a larger company such as Dell, Toshiba, etc.

He recommended me a Toshiba Portege R835-P50x.

Junior Member UrsusParticularies's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a Toshiba Satellite M65

A gift from my sister.

It is the FINEST and Most Reliable Personal Computer I have EVER used.

It beats a big HP Vista Pavilion Desktop with the more modern Vista hands down for attentiveness to detail and reliability.

So, even though it uses XP SP3 it is nevertheless my FAVORITE of the two computers, both used extensively.

I am so impressed I plan on getting Toshiba from now on.

The desktop Pavilion had Samsung HDD which croaked twice during just a bit over 3 years of use.

I can watch my USB TV on the Toshiba too, and the picture is BETTER than with the HP Monitor, in fact, the finest I have ever seen anywhere, including on the latest stuff at Best Buy.

If it were my decision, no doubt I would go for the Toshiba.

But I do have lots of computer experience and I keep my Toshiba in perfect order with Puran Defrag, SuperAntispyware Pro, a couple or three others used occasionally Spybot the most often of those.

I turn it OFF during lightning storms as soon as I hear them coming. I never work on other stuff while it is upgrading or backing up.

I have Acronis for doing a full image HDD backup to Maxtor One Touch. Acronis gets all SEVEN STARS, my highest accolade too. All is safe, nothing ever lost.

BTW, I really use my computer heavily, and I find that a USB keyboard is better for typing, and saves the Toshiba keyboard for longer life and for when laptop is taken out of home -- though that seldom happens with me because I am retired.

Toshiba -- gets all Seven Stars ******* too. And actually a plus after that, because it is the FINEST EVER used by me. Beats all I had when working at big companies, all other laptops I have ever seen or used, and lots of new stuff that people have troubles with.

Take good care of it, and watch out for thieves at school or college. One unguarded moment is all it takes. They will steal your texts to cash in for money too. A biggie $-wise if you are a science student.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Samsung is a far better laptop than the Toshiba. Samsung makes an excellent laptop, solid, durable, and they use higher end components as the price shows. My only complaint is that most are rather plain looking, but they do have a couple of models that aren't that bad. Samsung is huge in Europe, very popular, and very pricey over there. Plus they've been around a little longer in Europe than in the US. They really only started hitting the US market about 3 years ago, so they're not very well known at all, but I assure you, you will not be disappointed with one.

I've sold three in the last two months, all three to people in Europe, one to a person in France, and the other two in the UK, The market is better for them there. I almost tripled my money and they got them for a third off of what they sell for over there.