Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

SAMSUNG L730 vs. CASIO EXILIM Z75 camera? Should my priority be speed of...

...taking shots or photo quality? Help!? I need a low priced slim metal body camera (point & shoot) that'll take reasonably good quality pictures both in & outside (Ranging from daylight to nightclub shots etc). It's also sometimes nice to be able to take spontaneous unplanned pictures sometimes (moving images). There are many but I’ve narrowed it down to two 7.2MP ones:
    Samsung L730
    http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Digimax-Digital-Camera-Optical/dp/B000TGWBTI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=photo&qid=1209499911&sr=1-1
    Casio Exilim z75

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-Exilim-EX-Z75-Digital-Optical/dp/B000MXLAFO
    I’ve read reviews on both & they seem to have advantages & disadvantages. The Casio - is apparently fast to take pictures BUT has a grainy LCD and can end up taking grainy pictures in low light & requires also you to use the external battery charger. The Samsung - seems to take good quality pictures & just needs a lead to be plugged in the camera to charge it BUT is noticeably slow to take pictures & to start. Any Advice please. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't get one you'll get aggravated with, but get one that you can take quality photos with later. I recommend these:

#1) Olympus FE220
    +7.1 MP Digital Camera w/ 3x Optical Zoom & Image Stabilization
    +It's exclusively at Wal-Mart, and it is GREAT! It takes high quality photos, I've never experienced any grainy photos, and it takes pictures while driving in the car just wonderfully. I upgraded to this from my last Olympus (a 3.0 MP that was wonderful).
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6538141&povid=cat3959-env7618-module157809-rLink6
    $119.88 (97 cent shipping if you buy it online)

#2) Casio Exilim EX-Z77
    +7.2 MP Digital Camera w/ 3x Optical Zoom & Image Stabilization
    +My friend has this one, and she has some great photos that she took with it.
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6435803
    $149.84

#3) Olympus Stylus 790 SW
    +7.1 MP Digital Camera w/ 3x Optical Zoom
    +This one is amazing. You can take pictures without ever having to worry about it! It's shock-proof, waterproof, and freezeproof. It has tons of features, and lots of IOS speeds. We had one of these (but an older model) at my high school, and it was really awesome.
    http://www.preferredphoto.com/viewproduct.aspx?ID=3660650&l=Froogle
    $218.00

If you just HAVE to get the Samsung or Casio, I would recommend getting the Samsung, so that you don't get grainy pictures.

Kristin D
    Don't get one you'll get aggravated with, but get one that you can take quality photos with later. I recommend these:

#1) Olympus FE220
    +7.1 MP Digital Camera w/ 3x Optical Zoom & Image Stabilization
    +It's exclusively at Wal-Mart, and it is GREAT! It takes high quality photos, I've never experienced any grainy photos, and it takes pictures while driving in the car just wonderfully. I upgraded to this from my last Olympus (a 3.0 MP that was wonderful).
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6538141&povid=cat3959-env7618-module157809-rLink6
    $119.88 (97 cent shipping if you buy it online)

#2) Casio Exilim EX-Z77
    +7.2 MP Digital Camera w/ 3x Optical Zoom & Image Stabilization
    +My friend has this one, and she has some great photos that she took with it.
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6435803
    $149.84

#3) Olympus Stylus 790 SW
    +7.1 MP Digital Camera w/ 3x Optical Zoom
    +This one is amazing. You can take pictures without ever having to worry about it! It's shock-proof, waterproof, and freezeproof. It has tons of features, and lots of IOS speeds. We had one of these (but an older model) at my high school, and it was really awesome.
    http://www.preferredphoto.com/viewproduct.aspx?ID=3660650&l=Froogle
    $218.00

If you just HAVE to get the Samsung or Casio, I would recommend getting the Samsung, so that you don't get grainy pictures.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unless you were doing professional shots, you wouldn't need a 7.2MP camera.

If you were just going to take some pictures for your own amusement, you can save some money by purchasing a 2 or 3MP camera instead. You really can't tell much difference - it's just that the lower MPs (2 or 3) can save you some money while you could barely tell the difference with a 7.2MP shot.

Higher MP cameras are used for professionals that shoot for magazines/newspapers or something... They need to capture every little detail - but if you were just taking pictures of you friends/family, around a 2 or 3 MP should be just fine.

Do not go with 1.3MP or lower though, because with 1.3MP you can noticable tell that the quality has been significantly lowered compared to a higher MP.

Ok, with that said... Since you want some shots that look like their moving - with almost any camera, you can set the "shutter speed" to achieve that effect.

If you wanted to go ahead and get one of the ones you talked about, I would probably go with the Samsung just becuase its picture taking might be a little better than the casio's.

As for shutter speed, I doubt you would be able to tell much of a difference with either one since they both very similar.

Downloads
    Uploads

If you were just going to take some pictures for your own amusement, you can save some money by purchasing a 2 or 3MP camera instead. You really can't tell much difference - it's just that the lower MPs (2 or 3) can save you some money while you could barely tell the difference with a 7.2MP shot.

Higher MP cameras are used for professionals that shoot for magazines/newspapers or something... They need to capture every little detail - but if you were just taking pictures of you friends/family, around a 2 or 3 MP should be just fine.

Do not go with 1.3MP or lower though, because with 1.3MP you can noticable tell that the quality has been significantly lowered compared to a higher MP.

Ok, with that said... Since you want some shots that look like their moving - with almost any camera, you can set the "shutter speed" to achieve that effect.

If you wanted to go ahead and get one of the ones you talked about, I would probably go with the Samsung just becuase its picture taking might be a little better than the casio's.

As for shutter speed, I doubt you would be able to tell much of a difference with either one since they both very similar.

Downloads
    Uploads