Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Samsung instinct flashed to MetroPCS, does anyone knows how and where to...

...program data to use multimedia? I have a samsung instinct flashed to metropcs, this phone has allot of nice features but so far i can only call and text, I know how to get to the programmable data ##3282# but i don't know how to program this data for the multimedia and browser to work with metro pcs, i have taken my cellular to a few places where they flash it, but no one knows how to program data settings to work with metropcs can someone help me on this situation please?

Unregistered
    In Michigan, there are guys who can flash the instinct for the web. I have had my instinct flashed and it works great for web! it has a full browser so full color pages that loads quick. I am not sure where you are but if you're in michigan........

Unregistered
    i have the same problem im in miami, i need the setting to do it

Unregistered
    After the phone has been flashed the carrier code will be set to zeros ( ##000000# ) input that on the dial pad and and press call. That takes you to the nam programing menu for the handsets phone number and MEID. You can have the handsets roam to set up activation yourself by entering ( *228 ) on the dial pad and press call. To configure data enter ( ##data# ) data is 2382 on the dial pad. Then press call... This will bring up the data configuration menu to allow settings for the browser, email and multimedia etc... Just google metro pcs data settings for the configurations.

Unregistered
    i typed that into the phone and i am at the device programming and i see view and edit if i hit edit it said enter phone number and i hit ok then it ask me for a 10 dig msid code and its all set to 10 zeros and if i hit dun there it tells me to re enter and i do and it said error what am i doing wrong lol

Unregistered
    that code needs to get from a metro dealer so u can be able to use phone its like an identifaction code for u phone to work. I work at metropcs and currently falshing an instinct as we speak and the lady showed me her other instinct and it has full acces to web buyt idk how she did it

Unregistered
    do you know the locations? i live in michigan and i have an instinct i am trying to add internet

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    i typed that into the phone and i am at the device programming and i see view and edit if i hit edit it said enter phone number and i hit ok then it ask me for a 10 dig msid code and its all set to 10 zeros and if i hit dun there it tells me to re enter and i do and it said error what am i doing wrong lol
    i have tried the same thing it doesn't work

Unregistered
    I flashed my instinct last week got internet working just fine. its a bit more detailed than i expected but if i can do it any one can. See the detailed post:

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Samsung Instinct Web/WAP Settings (working 100%)

its pretty easy but i gotta say im not all that impressed with the end result. I've read over and over how you will never be able to get pic mail working and i still cant figure out how to get email working. all i have so far is internet...and it's slow as can be. give it a try though. if you have any questions at all ask me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast