Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

samsung glyde battery saving?

Yeah i just bought a samsung glyde, and its a nice phone, but the battery is kinda crappy. what can i do to make it last longer. (ive already turned the brightness down and made the backlight turn off as quick as it can)

Downloads
    Uploads
    as a *former* employee for verizon wireless (i was laid off), im sorry to say you are experiencing the problem. unfortunately, the battery on the glyde was never meant to be a superb as some of the other phones. the more phones can do, the less battery power they have. things that run down the battery are text messaging, calls, browsing the web, picture taking, picture sending, etc. but someone who text messages more will lower their battery faster than someone who only calls. extended batterys can last longer, however they can be expensive and bulk up the phone. also a battery will only have so many charges (appx 300), so once you use up those 300 charges, it will pretty much be useless. thats why they encourage you to charge it only when it needs it. when did you purchase your phone? did you purchase it through a retailer or an authorized agent? if it is within 30 days, i would recommend exchanging it for a phone with a longer battery life. if you want to keep the touch screen with the full html browser i would recommend the dare (lg-vx9700). it is a phenominal phone, longer battery life, plus a better camera. it still has a full qwerty keyboard as well. the downside.. after 10 minutes of use they charge you a $35 restocking fee to swap. if you are outside of your 30 days, the battery is still covered under the 1 yr manufacterers warranty, in that case they will replace the battery for free pending it has no water damage done to it. hope this helps and good luck