Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Samsung Galaxy S3 link notification to ringer volume?

I've owned many Android devices and this one missing feature in the Samsung Galaxy S3 is annoying.
    When you use the volume rocker on the side of the phone, it only changes the volume of the call ringer - the notification volume remains at its last setting. If you lower it to vibrate or silent, it does affect the notificaiton volume. If you just lower it to a quiter volume, it only lowers the ringer volume.

My previous android devices always had an option in settings...sound to link the 2 together, so changing one changes the other. I've looked at various apps (like profiles) but they require you to use the app to change the volume in order to change them together.

Does anyone know of an app that will link the 2 volumes and then allow you to use the volume rocker to change them together?

Unregistered
    Try Sound Profile app.
    If will not affect the rocker behavior, but you can configure a few sound profiles and select them easily. Each profile allows you to set a ringer and notification volume.