I have a 42' DLP TV which is appx 2-3 years old. I reside in the Albany, NY area and bought the TV from Rex's, which are no longer in business around here. I did not get an extended warranty due to the cost ($500), so the TV came with a standard 1 year warranty.

I was watching TV the other night and all of a sudden, the TV just shut off. The front panel has 3 LED lights one for the timer, one for the lamp, and one for the stand by/temp. None of these lights are on as of now. In checking my manual, they give no indication as to what the problem is if you have no LED lights working on the front of the TV.

I am thinking that maybe the lamp crapped out ???? and was wondering if anyone could give me some guidance (the manual does not really help). I don't want to go to the cost of ordering a new lamp and then have that not be a problem.

If the lamp is the issue, would anyone know where to get a replacement, especially here in the Albany area???? From what I've read about Samsung customer service online, that's about the last place I'd want to go.

Many thanks for any help you can provide. The last thing I want to do is go out and get another TV........