Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Samsung switches itself off and on again when someone calls/texts, also now...

...can't hear anything in calls..? What could be wrong with it?
    I bought it as PAYG in April (have contract SIM in tho) from Phones4U.
    It jus randomly started doing it Saturday and is driving me mad! I don't kno what is causing it to do it, I've never got it wet and don't drop it THAT often
    there is also a shaded area on the screen which at first look looks like water has gotten inside but I don't see how this could have happened. I initially thought it was a ghost lol

Whenever I get a text/call the phone will reeboot itself. I'll get the message or missed call after this. Also doesn't save any recent call logs. And then this morning I was making a call and couldnt hear any ringing or talking even though the other person had answered.

Can Itake it back to the shop? I think its a manufactuer fault as a simular thing happened with my friend who had the same phone.
    I will still have to pay for the service though won't I?

I have receipts and all documents, etc still.

Thanks for the help.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You definitely can and should take it back. Sounds like a faulty handset to me and great that you have all the receipts, documents etc. Unless its insured, you will probably have to pay for the service charge which shouldnt be too much. I'd say go in there, be clear about whats happened, that you've treated it well and that its been a great inconvenience for you to have these problems happen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a Samsung which rebooted when the signal got bad, or sometimes even when trying to dial out. Take it back to the shop, but have another mobile with you, so that you can demonstrate the problem, and make sure the battery is fully charged up first so they don't fob you off with any excuse.