Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Samsung SGH-D980 got wet this morning?

Please people help me!. This is a touch phone.I bought this phone for $480. And it drop directly on the screen on the road while it was raining. The screen has many scratches on it. But this morning later i turned it on and it worked fine. But then i turned it off and took out the battery, etc. So when i reach home it opens and vibrates the screen lights up but you dont see any picture. Now im living it in a cup of rice so it can absorb any water. Please tell me what to do..im crying, i love this phone! Dont tell me it wont work again.

ps. its raining and it cold so theres no sun and i dont have a vacuum. Huge points. !!!

it now shows the screen but when i touch the screen it doesnt do anything

Downloads
    Uploads
    You should try Silica Gel Packets to dry out your phone. There was a good article on associatedcontent.com that explains how to dry a wet cell phone, iPods, or any electronics. You need to take the battery out of your phone and place your cell phone and battery in a zip lock bag with Silica Gel Packets. Silica Gel will remove all the moisture from the phone and its components, something air drying will not do!

I did this after my husband's phone went through the wash and it worked like a charm.

Just Google "Silica Gel Packets" and you will find several companies selling these products. There is also a web site called: http://www.SilicaGelPackets.com that has them.