Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Samsung LCD TV will not turn on / turn off. How can I fix this?

I have a Samsung LCD TV, Model LN40A550. I tried to power off the TV using the power button on the remote. After I pushed the button, the TV has no picture, but the light in the bottom center of the TV stays on. I tried unplugging the power cable and plugging it back in, but the TV will not turn off and I see no picture. When I plug the power cord back in, I can hear the startup melody, its on an endless cycle. The red power light indicator is continuously flashing. Has anyone had this problem? How did you fix it?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I have a Samsung LCD TV, Model LN40A550. I tried to power off the TV using the power button on the remote. After I pushed the button, the TV has no picture, but the light in the bottom center of the TV stays on. I tried unplugging the power cable and plugging it back in, but the TV will not turn off and I see no picture. When I plug the power cord back in, I can hear the startup melody, its on an endless cycle. The red power light indicator is continuously flashing. Has anyone had this problem? How did you fix it?

I'm having the same problem right now. The online support for Samsung was no help. Seems like these televisions are made to last for approximately 1 year. What a rip off. My tv was working fine last night. This morning I tried to turn it on and now the red light is blinking and I have no picture or sound.

Unregistered

Power Drill

Im also haveing the same problem its anoying

Unregistered
    If you contact Samsung at 1-800-Samsung, they will probably tell you that your television qualifies under some settlement for the capacitors and the power board to be replaced. If, after a technician does this, there is anything else defective, that cost to repair the other defect will be on you. I have a repairman coming out this Saturday

Unregistered

Dude5 Power light cycles

To the moron who says they only last a year. I have had 3 Samsung LED TV's. They have all lasted me 5+ years. I am having problems with one of them. I bought it in early 2007.
    Thanks to all the good input.

Unregistered

Auction Hammer Power light cycles, no picture

Hey! The gentleman was right. I called Samsung and they said that it is a known defect and they will send someone out to replace defective Capacitors. Though, if something else is causing that I will have to cover the cost.
    I just want it fixed.
    Thanks again, for the info. I was just going to call a repair Guy.

Unregistered

Component Hooray!

It worked. I called Samsung and they sent someone, who replaced 6 Capacitors and voi la! Fixed and works like new. Whats more, it didn't cost me a dime!
    It was do to, a batch of bad Capacitors, by Samsung Vendor.
    Samsung is the best, Now!