Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My friend's mic on her Windows 7 (samsung) laptop recording volume is so low?

I've asked this question in regards to video-chatting, but I figured I'd narrow it down because I'm 99% sure the issue is with her mic. I cannot hear her when video chatting with her current computer (despite having heard her when she uses others) AND she's said when she's recorded her voice (using windows default thing) she has to raise her voice to be able to hear anything (when playing it back).

I have XP so I don't know my way around Win7 (plus we're on opposite sides of the country AND she's not too computer savy, so it's hard to explain some things across text-chat), so does anyone know what could be done to increase mic volume? I just KNOW that's got to be the issue (given the recordings, and hearing her when she's had other computers). She's tried some things but I don't remember them, so I won't dismiss just a lot of methods to adjust mic-recording volume. We REALLY need some help here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Go to the speaker icon in the taskbar, right click it, left click audio properties or whatever, go to recording devices, turn up the record volume. You can mess with the playback volume there too.