Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Peter F

I have a 50" Samsung plasma, and wondering how to connect 5.1 surround sound...

...to the high definition channels. I have a 50" Samsung plasma, and wondering how to connect 5.1 surround sound to the high definition channels so that when I am watching movies on tv they can be in 5.1 surround sound?

I havent bought any speakers for the tv yet or anything, all I have is a Samsung 50" Plasma PS50C9 - I want to buy speakers to connect to the tv so I can watch the HD channels with surround sound.

ponytailed_1
    You will need a Dolby Digital capable receiver. If your TV has a HD Tuner built in, it should also have a 'Digital Audio Out' for the receiver. This is usually color coded 'orange' This output would then be connected to the receiver's 'HD TV Digital Input'. This signal is then sent to the 5 speakers, and the sub-woofer.
    I really need to know what kind of equipment you already have to tell you how to connect it properly.