Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Babzy

how do i turn off the predictive text on the samsung j700?

hey guys, anyone got the j700? its a cute little phone but there one thing thats driving me crazy - i cant seem to turn of the predictive text messaging! ive tried pressing the * button on in the bottom left corner a couple of times but the only options appear are T9EAb, T9EAB, T9Eab and 123... does this mean i cant turn it off? :''( would be grateful for any advice..thanks xx

wiseoldowl...
    Quote Originally Posted by Babzy View Post
    hey guys, anyone got the j700? its a cute little phone but there one thing thats driving me crazy - i cant seem to turn of the predictive text messaging! ive tried pressing the * button on in the bottom left corner a couple of times but the only options appear are T9EAb, T9EAB, T9Eab and 123... does this mean i cant turn it off? :''( would be grateful for any advice..thanks xx
    Open up the New Message page(as if you were going write a message) Press & hold the star/arrow key Bottom left which will remove the T9. You now don't have predicted text.

Unregistered
    In corby phones just start the new message. Go to the text body and using the touchscreen press MORE. then scroll down using up down keys. There is a "turn T9 off /on" option there. good luck.