Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wii won't connect to my Rogers (SMC Networks router)?

Hello, I have been having a bit of trouble...

I am using Wireless on my Wii, but it doesn't seem to connect.
    It finds the access point fine, but won't connect. Yes, the password is correct. I've even took off the password for the modem. What can I do? I heard changing the MTU value can solve this...

Also, is there any port forwarding I have to do? If so, what ports do the Wii run on?
    I know how to set up the Wii wirelessly, it's just ever since we got this modem from Rogers I've been having this problem.

Unregistered
    Cannot connect to SMC / SMCD / SMCD3GN router? Here's the solution:

I have done a lot of programming for the SMC routers and they work really well if you configure them, One of the security features of the SMC router is to disable wireless hacking by auto blocking "ACK". The down side is that a lot of devices have a hard time connecting. To fix this: Log into the SMC as admin (not user) and click the wireless tab, under that click the advanced settings tab, change your HT Tx and HT Rx to 1, disable AutoBlock ACK, change the extension channel to 11 and enable IGMP snooping. Save the settings and try connecting with your device. enjoy.

~~ InSaneGame ~~