Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't forget that Floyd's win over Oscar was a split decision. It is quite possible to give Oscar the win in that fight.

But yeah, Floyd is a million times better than Roger.

Downloads
    Uploads

Why do casual boxing fans compare Roger to Floyd?

A lot of boxing fans specially the Mexican boxing fans always compare Floyd to Roger, usually whenever someone mention that Floyd is the best p4p then they ll mention that Chavez knocked Roger out like that would effect the reputation of Floyd or that it would mean that Roger was as good as Floyd and Chavez could have knocked him out too ... I m not comparing Floyd to Chavez or claiming that he ll win that fight, even though I think Floyd has a big chance of winning but it brothers me that people think a fighter is as good as his trainer was or that he ll have the same destiny that Roger had

Floyd is definitely 10 times better and sharper than Roger, he also won against Oscar who KOed a 32 year old chavez twice ... And the guy is 36 now competing against a 23 year old, what's your guys input, I m aware that Chavez had way more fights and his body took way more abuse than Floyd by the time he got to 32 so inputs please!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    People also compare him to his dad Floyd Mayweather Sr. in his fight with Leonard, saying that because Leonard beat Mayweather Sr. then little Floyd would also lose.

1) Floyd Mayweather Jr is far better than his uncle or father

2) Floyd Mayweather Jr. is better the Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. It don't matter if he is a legend, how many knock outs he has , how long he remained undefeated, or how much fans love him. Mayweather Jr. is better than him. period. Whoever can't see that is just blind, holding on to past fighters and refusing to accept anyone will ever surpass them.

3) I won't say Mayweather Jr. would beat Leonard but just because his father lost, doesn't mean anything. Leonard vs. Mayweather Jr. would be a dream fight. Two highly skilled boxers, two all time greats.