Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I change ringtones for text messages on my samsung intercept.?

I need help trying to put different ringtones for notifications like text messages. I don't mean the ones that came with the phone but custom ones that i downloaded or have as phone call ringtones already. I know how to change ringtones for calls but I can't figure out how to get new ringtones for text messages.

Unregistered
    I wish i knew that too i can't stand the preset ringers they have for messaging

Unregistered
    ive beem trying to figure out the same exact thing noone will help me. someone said to download the intercept sms app and i did and it still didnt work

Unregistered
    To change the notification and text message ringtone on Samsung Intercept is very simple if you have the usb cable to connect your phone and computer.
    If you do have it then follow these steps.
    1. Connect them and a screen pops up.
    2. On that screen on the bottom appeares Turn on the USB storage, click it.
    3.Your phone will then apper as a folder on your computer.
    4. Open the folder
    5. You will see many folders but you need to open these three My Ringtones, My Sounds and My Audios.
    6. Just click and drag the songs you want in these folders.
    7. Turn off your USB storage

8. For Notification Ringtone: Go to settings, then sound, then click on Notification ringtone to change it.
    9. For Text Message Ringtone: Go to Messaging, click the the menu key, click settings, press select ringtone to change.
    Hope this helped.

Unregistered

Angel downloading music for text messages

thanks to the unregistered user for this information it worked for my samsung intercept!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU ~ I spent so many frustrating hours with others suggestions but you know your stuff.